- Will You Qualify for Social Security Retirement Benefits?
- When Can You Collect Full Social Security Retirement Benefits?
- How Much Will You Collect?
- What Can Your Spouse Expect to Receive?
- What If You Want to Receive Social Security Retirement Benefits Early?
- How Much Can You Earn without Reducing Your Benefits?
- What If You Postpone Collecting Your Benefits?
- How About Inflation and Social Security?
- Will Your Social Security Benefits be Taxable?
- Auditing Your Social Security Statement
Your Social Security Statement provides you with a list of your Social Security earnings each year through your previous year's wages. It will tell you the current estimate (in today's dollars) of your retirement benefit at the age you requested, as well as the benefit at full retirement age and at age 70. It also tells you the projected amount of disability benefits and survivor benefits your family may receive.
- As a general rule, the Social Security Administration can correct errors only up to 3 years, 3 months, and 15 days after they occur.
- If eligible for Social Security, audit your personal Social Security record carefully.
- A Social Security Statement is mailed annually to all individuals age 25 and older. If you have not received this statement, call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 and ask for Form SSA-7004 (Request for Social Security Statement). It can also be requested via the Internet at www.ssa.gov.
Review your record of earnings carefully. If they do not agree with your own records, contact the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213. You will need past W-2 forms, pay stubs, tax returns, or any other proof of your earnings.
|Not FDIC Insured||Not Bank Guaranteed||May Lose Value|
|Not a Bank Deposit||Not Insured by Any Federal Government Agency|
Meeting with NHTrust Team is without obligation or cost.
NHTrust is a trade name of the New Hampshire Trust and Wealth Management Company. Brokerage services are offered through INFINEX INVESTMENTS, INC., Member of FINRA/SIPC. Investment and insurance products are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of value. Products and services made available through Infinex are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits or obligations of nor guaranteed or insured by any bank or bank affiliate. Infinex and NHTrust are not affiliated.