- Fund Your Retirement Plans First
- Liquidity Needs
- Deposit Insurance
- Money Market Funds*
- Savings Bonds
- Emergency Funds
- Goals and Time Horizon
- Defining Risk
- What's Your Risk Profile?
- Why Take Any Risk?
- Asset Allocation
- Dollar-Cost Averaging
- Portfolio Management
- Buying Investments
- Putting It All Together
Investing is an ongoing process; it is not something you do once and forget about. Make a commitment to remain active in managing your portfolio in order to maximize your returns. Use this checklist to stay on the right track:
- I have money set aside for emergencies.
- I've taken care of my retirement needs first.
- I know my risk tolerance.
- I know my time horizon.
- I've written down my investment goals.
- I have my asset allocation, and I am taking steps to make my investments fit into it.
- I've read the sections on different types of mutual funds.
- Taking my risk tolerance into account, I am investing in a variety of stock and bond mutual funds, diversifying to get the best return for the least risk.
- I'm keeping the statements I get concerning my mutual fund investments.
No one's portfolio is ever perfect. Where you are now and where you should be may be quite different. Remember to consider dollar-cost averaging. You may want to move slowly from where you are to where you should be; divide the amount that needs to be moved into quarters and move one quarter every six months. Staying on top of your asset allocation is a key to successful investing.
|Not FDIC Insured
|Not Bank Guaranteed
|May Lose Value
|Not a Bank Deposit
|Not Insured by Any Federal Government Agency
Meeting with NHTrust team is without obligation or cost.NHTrust is a trade name of New Hampshire Trust Company. Brokerage services are offered through Osaic Institutions, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment and insurance products are subject to investment risk, including the possible loss of value. Products and services made available through Osaic Institutions are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States and are not deposits or obligations of nor guaranteed or insured by any bank or bank affiliate. Osaic Institutions and NHTrust not affiliated.